Pages

Sunday 24 April 2011

I Love The Premier League!

I’ve been to a few Premier League meetings so fat this season and have come to the conclusion that I love Speedway’s second tier. It’s great that we are seeing more doubling up riders, meaning more challenging races at this level of racing. Take Charlie Gjedde for example, he’s definitely capable of scoring some serious points this season, Berwick must have thought their birthday’s and Christmases had all come at once. Taking a doubling up role can only be good for the likes of Charlie, more meetings, more points and hopefully better confidence due to bike time.

It’s interesting how riders talk about time on the bike at the start of a season. It must be odd spending half the year on a speedway bike nearly every day, to the other half of the year next to nothing. Putting in the laps at the start of the season can only boost confidence, efficiency and remind the body what it’s got in store for the season!
I’ve taken trips this season to Newport and Somerset already this season and intend to do a few more. I’ve adopted Somerset as my premier league team, due to them having Travis McGowan at number one alongside Cory Gathercole... That’s nearly halfway to creating my perfect team... Shame I had to do two fantasy speedway teams to have them both in my team!

No comments:

Post a Comment